If you have 3 planets or more in your 8th House then you have a stellium. With so much concentrated planetary energy, Eighth House matters such as transformations, letting go of control, and how you connect within relationships may play a pivotal role in your life.
So how could the supergroup of planets in your 8th House influence the way you let go of old feelings to make room for new ways of being? Keep reading to find out!
- If you have 3 or more planets in your 8th House, this is a stellium.
- With multiple planets there, 8th House matters will be vital in your life.
- The stellium in your 8th House may have lessons to offer you.
What is an 8th House Stellium?
Any group of 3 or more planets sitting in your 8th House is called an 8th House stellium.
A stellium is like a flashing beacon in your natal chart drawing your attention to an important area of your life that you can’t ignore.
The example birth chart above shows an 8th House stellium that includes their Sun, Jupiter, Venus, and Mercury.
The 8th House is often referred to as the House of Death. Despite its intimidating name, this house oversees transition in life, letting go of old ways that aren’t serving you any more to make room for fresh, more beneficial ways.
You can think of your 8th House stellium as a placement that can spark a rebirth in your life.
Eighth House matters also include the way in which you heal from issues or trauma in your childhood, and the way you live and behave within an intimate and committed relationship.
With a stellium in the 8th House of your natal chart, changes in your life, healing, and long-term relationships may be important aspects of your development, and issues with personal transformations could be intense, unusual, or lagging depending on the planets involved in your stellium.
The planets of your 8th House cooperate, joining together parts of your mind, body, and spirit to work together through 8th House matters.
Your Eighth House stellium will be a key placement in your birth chart reading along with your Big 3, the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant.
So what could it mean to find an 8th House stellium in your birth chart?
What Does it Mean to Have an 8th House Stellium?
Every house in your chart has the potential to spark personal growth, but with an 8th House stellium, your 8th House could be extra transformative in your life.
This placement may amplify the matters of your 8th House, intensifying them or making them feel like a recurring theme in your life. Some of these areas of life that are detailed in your 8th House include:
- Changes and transformations
- Thoughts about your own mortality
- Healing from childhood trauma and hurt
- The way you join with someone in a committed relationship
- How you handle control in your life and let go
- Dying and rebirth
With an 8th House stellium and the potential for 8th House matters being elevated in your life, there are some pitfalls to watch for including:
- Struggling to let go of old ways of being to make way for new
- Unable to let go of control in your life
- Allowing ingrained patterns of behavior to strain committed relationships
- Clinging too tightly to logic in life
- Compulsively reinventing yourself to an unhealthy degree
- Avoiding vulnerability in intimate relationships
Of course, all of this will depend upon the planets involved in your 8th House stellium and factors in the rest of your natal chart.
You may or may not identify with any of the struggles above, but with a stellium in your 8th House of Death, these could be issues you “check in with yourself” about and reflect on.