Ambitious Aries in the 2nd House of your birth chart may give you the initiative to want to make money. Being able to afford what you want could bring you great pride and self-esteem, but if taken too far you may be willing to take risks to get ahead financially.
If you have Aries in the 2nd House in your birth chart, what might this mean for you, and what strengths and weaknesses should you be aware of? Read more to find out!
- Aries in your 2nd House could influence an aggressive view on making money.
- This combination could bring risky investments and impulse buys.
- Mars’ placement and planets in the 2nd House should be considered.
Table of Contents
- What does it mean if Aries is in my 2nd House?
- Aries 2nd House Strengths
- Aries 2nd House Weaknesses
- What else could influence an Aries 2nd House?
What does it mean if Aries is in my 2nd House?
If you have an Aries or Pisces Ascendant, then you may find Aries in the 2nd House of your natal chart. What could the sign of the ram on your 2nd House cusp mean for you?
Let’s find out!
Before you go further, we created a 2nd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
The Zodiac Sign of Aries
Your outward personality may be very easy-going and warm-hearted, but how you view your finances or possessions may not reflect this same gentle nature.
No one’s character, relationship with money and possessions, comfort level with financial security, and own self-worth is this simple, however.
Aries is a Zodiac sign that wants to prove itself to the world. It wants to take life by the horns and push itself to the limits, seeing how far it can go.
Some of Aries’ personality traits:
But, we need to keep this in the context of the 2nd House.
The 2nd House in Astrology
The 2nd House isn’t your ego or how other people would describe you. It is traditionally called the House of Money.
This is a bit oversimplified, however.
The 2nd House does cover the territory of your life that covers your money and possessions, but there is more to it than that. It really describes how your money and material things make you feel, or how our ability to get things affects how we feel about ourselves.
Second House Meaning:
- Making money
- Financial security
- Self Esteem
- Spending habits
Aries 2nd House Meaning
Aries could flavor your relationship with your finances in such a way that part of your self-confidence and self-esteem is tied up in how much you are able to make.
An Aries 2nd House may inspire you to be ambitious at work, look for new ways to make money, or get ahead in your position.
You may be quite optimistic about your future financial outlook and enjoy the challenge of trying to build your wealth. With Aries’ pioneering spirit, you may be predisposed to wanting to start your own business and forge something all your own.
Aries in your 2nd House may also encourage you to fight for what belongs to you. You may be willing to defend your property with whatever it takes.
With an Aries 2nd House placement, what are some strengths and weaknesses that you could experience?
Aries 2nd House Strengths
- Great provider: Having 2nd House Aries brings with it a lot of benefits, for sure! You may have a great passion for building up your wealth. And wealth does bring with it stability, so you may be a fantastic provider.
- Assertive and proactive: Because of the drive that having an Aries 2nd House offers, you may be willing to do what it takes to get ahead on the job so you can get that promotion. This means that you are capable of reaching great heights at work.
- Likes financial challenges: Aries is always on the lookout for new challenges, so with an Aries 2nd House, you may be someone who is continuously looking for new ways to make money. You may have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Takes financial risks: Often, wealth isn’t built by playing it small or easy. Most of the time, wealth is made by taking risks, which Aries excels at. With Aries in your 2nd, you may be someone willing to day trade on the stock market or make other large investments where success isn’t guaranteed.
- Financial optimism: Aries is a sign that has a rosy outlook on the future and is confident in their ability to earn money. So, with this sign of the Zodiac on the cusp of your 2nd House, you may have a good feeling about where your finances are going in the future. This means that you aren’t one who is going to wallow around and worry about your retirement. Even if you aren’t where you want to be yet, you are sure that you will get there.
Aries 2nd House Weaknesses
- Reckless spending: Even if trying to save and be responsible with money, Aries can be impulsive so with this Zodiac sign in your 2nd House you may find that you impulsively spend money on anything from a gadget you didn’t need to a cruise you booked and now have to figure out how to pay for. With an Aries 2nd House, it may be a good idea to force yourself to wait a few days before every purchase.
- Overly money aggressive: With a Pisces ascendant, you’d like to think of yourself as big-hearted and laid back, but there could be a side of you that becomes a little too assertive about getting what you want in terms of possessions or finances. If you have Aries in your 2nd House, it could be a good idea to make it a point to give monthly to a charity or cause that is important to you. This will help you remember to be grateful for what you have and counter some of those dominating feelings about your money.
- Too financially risky: Yes, taking risks can make good financial sense, but when over-confidence in making money comes knocking, as it may with Aries in your 2nd House, it may lead to taking financial risks that are unwise. It can be hard for anyone to determine which risks are worth it, but it can be especially difficult for Aries. It would be wise to ask a trusted financial advisor before making too rash of decisions.
- Connecting self-worth to money: There is nothing Aries wants more than to assert its place in the world. Aries needs to feel powerful and like they can conquer the world. With an Aries 2nd House, this may mean that your self-esteem can get too interwoven with your financial security or making money. If this is the case, lean into your Pisces ascendant a bit and make time to meditate, or do some other activity that helps you search a little deeper into your soul and place your self-worth elsewhere.
- Impatience with finances: Aries wants it now. That isn’t to say that your personality reflects that attitude necessarily, but when it comes to your finances there may be a part of you that hates to wait. You may hop from job to job, grasping at higher salaries, or may you invest money only to pull it prematurely because the stock hasn’t risen as quickly as you thought it should. How patient one should be with finances is also a difficult balance for anyone to strike, but if you have an Aries 2nd House and feel like impatience with money is a problem, soul searching, researching, getting advice, anything that helps you to slow your decision making down even a little may benefit you.
What else could influence an Aries 2nd House?
There is much more to your Aries 2nd House, of course, and other planets that will help shape how you experience this house.
Aries’ Planetary Ruler: Mars
Mars is the ruler of Aries.
With an Aries 2nd House, the placement of Mars is going to help add “flavor” to how Aries is expressed when it comes to your relationship with your possessions and how you identify with your finances.
Check to see where Mars is in your natal chart and find what sign it is in. This sign will add a little more dimension to how you express your 2nd House.
For instance, if Mars is in Capricorn it may counteract a bit of your impulsiveness and make you a bit more responsible with money. It also may push you to work even harder.
If in Virgo it could have you constantly asking yourself how you could improve your investments just a bit more, upgrade your shoe collection or appliances continuously, or hone your skills at work more and more so you can keep getting better and better.
Planets in the 2nd House
Also, any planets that sit in your 2nd House will also add their energy to this mix.
With Uranus inhabiting your 2nd House, for instance, you may find that there is an air of idealism when it comes to how you make money or what you purchase. Or, you may make money in an unconventional way that others in your life or in society may not understand or even agree with.
Remember that these are general descriptions of Aries in the 2nd Hosue and that your birth chart contains a lot of other pieces to your personality puzzle.
Your Sun, Ascendant, and Moon are going to lay the groundwork for your soul and be more influential in shaping the person you identify yourself as.
However, having an Aries 2nd House will have some influence over your relationship with money and possessions and how you identify yourself with your finances.
Don’t forget to grab your 2nd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
Other articles you may enjoy:
Pisces 2nd House
Taurus 2nd House