Eager Aries in the 3rd House of your natal chart may encourage you to be direct and say what you think. You may have the courage to assert your ideas in conversation, but you could struggle to control yourself and practice patience when others disagree with you.
With a fiery Aries 3rd House of your natal chart, what could this mean, and what strengths and weaknesses should you know about? Read more to find out!
- Aries in your 3rd House could bring directness in communication.
- This placement could influence an argumentative nature.
- Mars’ position and planets in the 3rd House should be considered.
Table of Contents
- What does it mean if Aries is in my 3rd House?
- Aries 3rd House Strengths
- Aries 3rd House Weaknesses
- What else could influence an Aries 3rd House?
What does it mean if Aries is in my 3rd House?
If you find Aries on the cusp (boundary line) of the 3rd House of your birth chart, you may seem like a calm person, but in a conversation about something you are passionate about, this could change!
How could the sign of the ram in your 3rd House influence you?
Before you go further, we created a 3rd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
The Zodiac Sign of Aries
Your outward personality could be laid-back and warm-hearted, but you could have the potential for a different, more fiery side of you to come out when you communicate.
No one’s personality or speaking or writing style is this simple and one-dimensional, of course, but this placement has the potential to bring intense passion when debating or disagreeing.
Aries is a sign of the Zodiac that wants to stake its claim in the world. It wants to prove itself, jump in head first and push its limits.
Giving up is never an option for Aries.
Some of Aries’ personality traits:
But, for this article, we need to keep Aries in the context of the 3rd House.
The 3rd House in Astrology
The 3rd House is sometimes called the House of Communication.
This is not the full story, however.
Yes, the 3rd House describes how you speak to others or how you write, but it also influences how you perceive the world or the type of “filter” that both incoming and outgoing communications pass through.
That could be thought of as how you listen and the way in which you “hear what you want to hear.”
The way you think is also part of the 3rd House.
And, the territory of the 3rd house covers how you experience some familiar parts of the world around you.
Your siblings or cousins that you’re close with, neighbors, and even moving about within your neighborhood or region all fall under the 3rd House umbrella.
Third House Meaning:
- Siblings and close cousins
- Short-range travel
Aries 3rd House Meaning
With Aries on the cusp of your 3rd House (its boundary line), the way in which you communicate and perceive your “immediate territory” may have a hint of assertiveness or intensity.
You may feel the need to display your personal power through your words.
The world may seem like a place where you have to speak up for yourself, and you will respond accordingly by commanding that attention.
When listening to others, there is the possibility that you are quick to feel as though someone is challenging or threatening you, feeding that need to stand your ground.
You may be very animated and passionate while communicating.
Taking risks in conversations, whether it be with whom you strike up a discussion, or stating your possibly unpopular opinion aloud, may not scare you in the least.
Even if it doesn’t still hold true as adults, as a child you may have had a hot and cold relationship with siblings or close cousins where you may have seen them as people you needed to compete with.
With an Aries 3rd House, you may be eager to explore your region of the world, seeing it as a place where you can spread your wings and dive into new things.
So if you have an Aries 3rd House placement, what are some possible strengths and challenges that could come along with it?
Aries 3rd House Strengths
- Courageous speaker: Aries in your 3rd House could shape you to be brave enough to speak up for yourself and share what you have to say, loud and proud. You may go out on a limb and speak your mind, even if you’re nervous and have butterflies in your stomach.
- Independent thinker: Going along with the ideas of others just because it’s easier and avoids conflict isn’t something that you may be comfortable with. With an Aries 3rd House, you may be very comfortable holding your own position in a discussion, even if you are the only person on your side.
- Great at debating: Rivalry and competition in communicating may not scare you off which may mean that you could be fantastic at debating. Your mind may be quick and the passion that you could pour into your arguments could make you a formidable opponent. Plus, for you, surrender may not feel like an option!
- Leadership potential: Self-confidence in speaking alone has the potential to make others want to follow. With an Aries 3rd House, add in an optimistic mind and you may find that other people seem to listen to you. And Aries isn’t always intense and assertive with a very funny side that can draw people in, as well.
- Curious and sharp mind: Aries is not a sign that does anything slow, and in your 3rd House this may shine through as being incredibly quick-witted. Speaking or writing may come quickly and easily for you and you may be intensely curious, and passionate when it comes to learning new things.
Aries 3rd House Weaknesses
- Impatient speaker: Aries loves to be first and to assert itself. With an Aries 3rd House, this could lead to impatience in conversation and frequent interrupting. It could also look like dominating a conversation and not letting anyone else get a word in edgewise.
- Overly aggressive: This is a sign that has strong opinions. This could look like being a bit too aggressive in conversations or interactions. There is even the potential for the use of intimidating speech in attempts to get people to do what they want.
- Lacks tact: Directness is something Aries does well with. With an Aries 3rd House this could come out as a lack of tact and a disregard for someone’s feelings. It could also look like not “reading the room” well when communicating.
- Argumentative: Asserting oneself is very important and Aries excels at it. But taken too far and this can come off as being bullheaded and argumentative. In the 3rd House, Aries can come through as a desire to pick verbal fights with others, being contrary, or an unwillingness to back down from their position no matter what.
- Difficulty taking responsibility: With an Aries 3rd House, there is the potential to hurt other people with words and there could be an unwillingness to own accountability or take responsibility when disagreements were taken too far.
What else could influence an Aries 3rd House?
There is much more complexity to your Aries 3rd House than what has been described above, of course, and there will be other factors that shape how you experience this house. Some are planets.
Aries’ Planetary Ruler: Mars
Mars rules Aries.
With an Aries 3rd House, where Mars sits in your chart is going to help “flavor” how Aries is expressed when it comes to how you communicate and your relationship with your siblings.
Find Mars in your chart and see which sign it is in. The qualities and traits of this sign will add another layer of detail to how you express your 3rd House.
For instance, if Mars is in Capricorn you may have a bit more patience in conversations. You may still be ambitious in your communication skills, but Capricorn may temper the impulsiveness or Aries a bit and encourage a bit more tact.
Planets in the 3rd House
Planets that sit in your Aries 3rd House will influence this mix as well.
With Uranus residing in the 3rd House, for example, the stubborn and individualistic traits of Aries may be even more heightened and communication could take on a more idealistic slant.
Keep in mind that these are very broad generalizations of how Aries in your 3rd House could be expressed.
The details of the rest of your chart, including your Big 3 placements, will play huge roles in forming your personality as well.
However, having Aries in your 3rd House can influence the way in which you speak, and interpret incoming communication from others, as well as your relationship with your siblings or close, lifelong peers, adding in that signature Aries spark.
Don’t forget to grab your 3rd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
Other articles you may enjoy:
Pisces 3rd House
Taurus 3rd House