Having sensitive Cancer in the 2nd house of your natal chart may influence you to inject feelings into your finances or become emotionally tied to your possessions. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone in order to be successful financially may bring you confidence and a sense of accomplishment.
Want to know how your Cancer 2nd House could influence you and what strengths and weaknesses it could bring along with it? Keep reading to learn more!
- Cancer in your 2nd House could bring ambition when making money.
- Second House Cancer could lead to seeking financial security for loved ones.
- This combination could bring feelings of insecurity in making money.
What does it mean if Cancer is in my 2nd house?
If you are a Cancer or Gemini rising, then you may find Cancer on the cusp of the 2nd House of your birth chart. What could this placement mean for you and your life?
Let’s break it down!
The Zodiac Sign of Cancer
Cancer is a Zodiac sign that leads with its heart.
This sign explores the spectrum of emotions and part of the way it does this is through building strong connections and taking good care of its people.
Some of Cancer’s personality traits:
- Deep emotions
It loves nothing more than taking care of its home and the people in it, and Cancer’s life tends to revolve around it. But, we need to keep this in the context of the 2nd House.
The 2nd House in Astrology
The 2nd House isn’t your ego or how others tend to describe you. Traditionally, it has been called the House of Money.
Just calling it The House of Money is oversimplified, however.
Yes, the 2nd House does describe the parts of your life that cover your money and belongings, but there is more to it than that. It also indicates how your possessions and finances make you feel, or how your ability to secure what you want or need influences your self-image.
Second House Meaning:
- Making money
- Financial security
- Self Esteem
- Spending habits
Cancer 2nd House Meaning
You may come off as someone who is very driven by logical thinking, a person that leads with their head, but how you view your finances or possessions may not demonstrate this same analytical and intellectual focus.
With a Cancer 2nd House, it could shape your relationship with your belongings and your financial outlook in such a way that part of your self-esteem and self-worth is wrapped up in how much you can push yourself out of your comfort zone and be able to provide for yourself and your loved ones.
Cancer in your 2nd House could inspire you to be a tenacious go-getter when it comes to making money.
You may be able to read other people’s emotions well in the business environment.
Because of Cancer’s watery, emotional drive, having a job or a way to make money that you find meaningful might be something that is important to you.
It may not be enough to just clock your time and cash your check, you may need to feel you are making a difference to someone.
Letting go of possessions may be difficult for you with a Cancer 2nd House, especially if given to you by a family member.
Greeting cards, drawings, and even trivial things given to you by someone you love may be harder for you to part with than most and you may have boxes of these types of treasures in storage.
There is also the possibility of emotional spending, buying things to cheer yourself up, or spending more just because you’re happy and in a great mood.
Cancer 2nd House Strengths
- Financial ambition: Cancer is a cardinal sign which means has a lot of ambitious energy. With a Cancer 2nd House placement, you may be a self-starter when it comes to your finances or business. Cancer has drive!
- Seeks security: Taking care of their people is something Cancer loves to do. With Cancer in the 2nd House, you may make an incredible provider because of your need to provide financial security for your loved ones, or you may have a strong desire to fill your home with things that create a stable, healthy, and cozy home for your family.
- Generosity: Leading with the heart, Cancer has deep empathy for others, and with a Cancer 2nd House you may be willing to use your resources to help others in need. This may look like giving money to charity, slipping a friend in need some cash, or giving your belongings away to those less fortunate.
- Takes care of their things: Because of the emotional connection to money and belongings, with Cancer in the 2nd House, you may take very good care of the things you own. You may also hate feeling as though you are wasting something, which goes beyond logic, it can actually be emotionally painful.
- Will protect what’s yours: Even though Cancer is very emotional, that doesn’t mean that it is a pushover! Cancer is very protective and with this Zodiac sign in your 2nd House, you may become quite protective if you feel as though someone or something is threatening your possessions.
Cancer 2nd House Weaknesses
- Insecure about money: With a Cancer 2nd House, there is a need to believe in themselves when it comes to money and this is something they may have the need to continuously validate this inside of them. If their self-esteem is shaken when it comes to their finances it could shake them to the core and prevent them from moving forward or growing more in this area.
- Buy people’s love: Cancer loves to show affection, but with this sign of the Zodiac in the 2nd House, there could be a tendency to use their money or belongings as a way to buy people’s love or to get them to stick around. There is nothing Cancer hates worse than feeling abandoned, so if they begin to feel this they may try to entice them to stay with gifts.
- Taking the easy road: For Cancer, it is a constant battle between staying in the comfort of their shell or making themselves vulnerable by experiencing life. With Cancer in the 2nd, this could sometimes lead to sticking to what is comfortable. This could take the form of being content with not excelling at work even though they are capable of it, or just letting their money sit in a savings account instead of investing it because it is less hassle.
- Changing financial situation: The Moon is Cancer’s ruler, and the Moon is a very shifting, changing character. This could influence someone with Cancer on the 2nd House cusp by keeping their financial situation ever-shifting and ever-changing as well. This may not be a bad thing and it may even have a great outcome, but it is a challenge nonetheless.
- Overly attached to things: The emotional attachment that could come from a Cancer 2nd House could lead to amassing more possessions than a person has room for, or even hoarding. Items from family members that most people would throw away without a second thought after some time has passed, Cancer may have feelings attached and getting rid of it could feel like getting rid of a piece of their loved one.
What else could influence a Cancer 2nd House?
There is much more to your Cancer 2nd House, however. Other planets will help determine how you experience this house.
Cancer’s Planetary Ruler: The Moon
The Moon is the ruler of Cancer.
With Cancer in your 2nd House, the position of the Moon is going to influence the way Cancer is expressed when it comes to how you tie up your sense of identity or worth with your finances and your relationship with your money and belongings.
Find the Moon in your birth chart and see which sign it resides in.
The characteristics of this Zodiac sign will add more flavor to your expression of the 2nd House.
For instance, if the Moon is in Aries, it could add a bit more aggression to your desire for wealth or belongings. It could temper your desire for stability and make you a little less risk-averse and a bit more impulsive with your financial or buying decisions.
Planets in the 2nd House
Other planets in the 2nd House will also add more depth to how this house is experienced.
If Saturn sits in your 2nd House, for instance, it may make you even more responsible with your money. There may be some financial challenges that you need to work hard to overcome. It may even make you feel as though making money for your family is your duty.
Do you find Venus in your 2nd House? Venus is the planet of love and relationships. This may amplify your desire to shower your loved ones with money and gift and spoil them rotten!
Remember that these are generalizations of a Cancer 2nd House.
Your birth chart is a puzzle that contains a lot of other pieces that all work together to describe your soul’s journey.
But, a Cancer 2nd House will help shape how you identify yourself in terms of your wealth and property and your relationship with your finances and material possessions.