Expressive Leo in the 2nd house of your natal chart may make you creative and determined when it comes to finances. Feeling as though you are financially successful may bring you confidence, but could lead to trying to impress people with your salary or belongings.
So how could your Leo 2nd House influence you and what strengths and weaknesses may it bring? Keep reading to find out more!
- Leo in your 2nd House could bring optimism when making money.
- Second House Leo could inspire financial integrity and generosity.
- This combination could bring financial overconfidence or bragging.
- The Sun’s placement and other 2nd House planets should be examined.
Table of Contents
- What does it mean if Leo is in my 2nd house?
- Leo 2nd House Strengths
- Challenges for Leo in the 2nd House
- What else could influence a Leo 2nd House?
What does it mean if Leo is in my 2nd house?
If you have a Leo or Cancer Ascendant, then you may find Leo on the cusp of the 2nd House of your birth chart. What could this placement of the lion in your 2nd House mean for you?
Let’s find out!
Before you go further, we created a 2nd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
The Zodiac Sign of Leo
Leo is a sign that wants to express itself to the world.
It needs to fully express itself and make itself vulnerable to other people by witnessing their reactions to grow and evolve its soul.
Whenever Leo is involved, there is a need to put on a good show, and Leo comes equipped with the qualities to do just that. This may not be literal, as in on a stage, and could be in the board room, the classroom, at home, or anywhere else.
Leo is anxious to share what it’s got and gauge the reaction of the audience but is also great at encouraging and supporting others when it is their turn to share.
Some of Leo’s personality traits:
But, we need to remember to keep Leo in the context of the 2nd House.
The 2nd House in Astrology
The 2nd house doesn’t describe your ego or how other people would describe you. It is traditionally called the House of Money.
This is quite oversimplified, however.
Yes, the Second House covers the territory of your life that covers your financial and material belongings. But, it also points to how your money and possessions make you feel on the inside, or how your ability to secure what you need or want affects how you feel about yourself.
Second House Meaning:
- Making money
- Financial security
- Self Esteem
- Spending habits
Leo 2nd House Meaning
With a Leo 2nd House, this placement may flavor your relationship and feelings about your resources in such a way that part of your sense of security is tied up in how well you can prove to yourself and others that you can earn.
Leo may inspire you to optimistic when it comes to your finances. Leo comes with a healthy dose of passion and confidence, and this may be evident in how you view your ability to earn money.
Due to Leo’s fixed energy, you also may be incredibly determined in terms of building wealth.
Leo doesn’t like to play small so with a Leo 2nd House placement there may be some sense of drama in how you make money.
I don’t mean dramatic as in moody, I am referring to drama in terms of boldness and theatrics. You may be drawn to earning money in ways that let you “put on a good show” and express yourself.
With a Leo 2nd House, Leo’s love for drama may also shine through in how you spend your money.
More than most, you may enjoy owning things that have a little more pizzazz. Why buy boring beige cotton sheets when you can buy gorgeous lilac silk ones?
This could be a love of luxury and bling, or it could be the desire to surround yourself with large and bold statement pieces in your home. With a Leo 2nd House, you may love to express yourself through your belongings.
Leo 2nd House Strengths
- Generous: Leo loves to give, and with a Leo 2nd house, this is such a strong position for you to show love with your money and belongings. You may spoil those you love with gifts, or you may enjoy giving to charities or causes, loving the warm feeling you get from being able to give.
- Magnetic personality: Because Leo needs to be able to express itself to others, they come along with great charisma to be able to do that. Even if you don’t feel very charismatic most of the time, with Leo in your 2nd you may be able to express charisma when it comes to making money. Leo is able to pull people in with their optimistic, warm, and passionate personality and this may come out in ways you make money.
- Wants to leave their mark: There is nothing Leo needs more than to feel as though people appreciate their contributions. With a Leo 2nd House, this may come out as working really hard to leave your mark in the world through how you make money, spend money, or through your belongings. However, Leo doesn’t just want attention. They want to actually be remarkable and rightly earn the appreciation of others, however.
- Has integrity: Honesty is important to Leo. With Leo in your 2nd House, this may mean that you have incredible integrity when it comes to making money or acquiring resources. If Leo expresses shady things on the outside, this would mean that they would be shady on the inside and Leo wouldn’t have that. With this placement, you may be very resistant to invest in something or earn money in a way that you worried wasn’t being fair or honest to someone.
- Determined and Confident: Leo feels as though it can succeed, which also helps to keep it going and pushing itself. With a Leo 2nd House placement, this may inspire the way you secure resources. Even if you face setbacks, you may be determined to get ahead, earn what you want to earn, and secure in the fact that you will succeed.
Challenges for Leo in the 2nd House
- Attention-seeking: Because of Leo’s need to express itself outwardly to others, this can be taken too far and look like someone desperately looking for attention. With a Leo 2nd House, this could look like spending money just for others to notice how well off they are.
- Ego tied to money: With Leo on the 2nd house cusp, there may be more of a risk than most of tying the ego to how much one is able to make or how much they have. An unbalanced Leo, if down on their luck, could begin to think they they are simply an unworthy person.
- Bragging: For Leos who do feel down on themselves, they may try to overcompensate for their lack of self-esteem through bragging or egotistical behavior. With a Leo 2nd House, this bragging could specifically revolve around luxurious purchases or successful ways they have earned money.
- Stubborn: The same determination that Leo brings to the 2nd house could morph into stubborn bull-headedness with it comes to finances or belongings. It could come out as trying to push through with an investment that clearly isn’t going to work, or with possessions.
- Overconfident with money: Leo comes equipped with a healthy dose of confidence, which can be useful. But, with a Leo 2nd House this has the potential to come out as overconfidence in finance or business, leading to risky investments or counting the eggs before they are hatched.
What else could influence a Leo 2nd House?
There is so much more to your Leo 2nd House than what we have covered, however. Other planets will add detail how you experience this house.
Leo’s Planetary Ruler: The Sun
The Sun is the ruler of Leo.
With a Leo 2nd House, the position of the Sun is going to help shape how Leo is expressed when it comes to your relationship with your possessions and how you identify with your bank account.
Where your Sun sits in your chart is generally referred to as “your sign” and is probably a placement that you are already familiar with.
Your Sun sign describes the characteristics of your ego and this will very much effect and flavor how Leo is expressed in your 2nd House, adding more dimension and complexity to it.
For instance, if your Sun is in Sagittarius, you may love to express yourself through many business ventures or income streams. Or, you may pride yourself on your collection of bold and interesting pieces of art from around the world.
Planets in the 2nd House
Any planets that sit in your 2nd house will also definitely add energy to this mix.
With Saturn in your 2nd house, for instance, you may find earning or keeping money to be a challenge, but one you are willing to consistently work at. Or, you could be a little more conservative and responsible with your spending than you would be if say, Mars was in your 2nd house.
Please remember that all of these descriptions are very general characterizations of Leo in the 2nd House. Humans are much more complex in real life and your own birth chart offers many more clues to your soul’s puzzle.
However, with a Leo 2nd House, this will affect your relationship with your finances and belongings and also how much you tie your sense of self-worth and self-esteem up with your finances and possessions.
Don’t forget to grab your 2nd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
Other articles you may enjoy:
Cancer 2nd House
Virgo 2nd House