Diplomatic Libra in the 2nd house of your natal chart may make you view your resources in a cooperative and equitable way. Feeling as though your financial life is balanced and fair to all may bring you peace, but if taken too far you may find yourself frozen with indecision in money matters.
But how could your Libra 2nd House affect your life and what strengths and pitfalls could this placement bring along with it? Read on to learn more!
- Libra in your 2nd House will shape how you feel about and make money.
- Second House Libra could lead to showering your partner with gifts.
- This combination could also influence overspending on luxury.
What does it mean if Libra is in my 2nd house?
If you are Libra or Virgo rising, then you may find Libra on the cusp of the 2nd House of your birth chart. How could this placement shape you and your life?
Let’s find out!
The Zodiac Sign of Libra
Libra is a Zodiac sign that needs to find inner harmony through finding balance and their relationships.
Libra is a sign that values partnerships above all else and is willing to give up things that would be beneficial just to please the people in its life.
It needs to surround itself with beautiful things in order to feel beauty and harmony within.
This sign of the Zodiac is charming, intelligent, and popular and can find common ground between two people when others may only see division.
Some of Libra’s personality traits:
We need to remember to keep Libra in the context of the 2nd house, however.
The 2nd House in Astrology
The 2nd house doesn’t describe how others may see you or how you would describe yourself. Traditionally, the 2nd house is referred to as the House of Money.
Just thinking of the Second House as dealing in money matters is also oversimplified, however.
It does reflect the parts of your life that deal with your money and belongings, but there is also more to it. The 2ndHouse also describes the way in which your financial well-being and possessions make you feel as a person.
Second House Meaning:
- Making money
- Financial security
- Self Esteem
- Spending habits
Virgo 2nd House Meaning
With a Libra 2nd House, this sign flavors your feelings and relationship with your money and possessions, as well as your sense of self-worth.
More specifically, your self-worth may be connected to how harmonious and balanced of financial life you can create for yourself.
A Libra 2nd House placement may influence you to have a cooperative feeling about your money and things and be willing to share them easily with the people in your life.
You may even prefer to share your finances with a partner if you find Libra in your 2nd House, showering your partner with gifts in an attempt to demonstrate your affection may also be something you enjoy.
There may be a desire to spend money on things that you find beautiful.
With a Libra 2nd House placement, you may be someone who appreciates the finer things in life. Art, wine, expensive cheeses, good towels, designer clothes, Libra is more likely to feel good on the inside when they feel good on the outside, and in your 2nd House, this may come out through how you spend your money.
Ultimately, Libra is seeking inner peace through balance. With a Libra 2nd House, you may feel fine about having money invested in both low and high-risk investments so that both ends of the extreme are covered.
Libra 2nd House Strengths
- Good at compromising: Libra values others to the extent that they are willing to give in some of what they wanted in order to make someone else happy. With a Libra 2nd House, it may be really important to you that your partner is happy with each purchase you made. You are one that may check with them first, more than others may be willing to, which might make for a partner that feels very valued.
- Takes care of partner: Along those same lines, Libra leads their lives with thoughts of their partner in the front of their mind. If Libra is in your 2nd House, you may be very willing to support your partner financially. Even before a commitment is made, you may be more willing than most to see your own money or resources as your collective money and resources.
- Elegant taste: Art and beauty can take many forms from visual art to music, food to fashion, and Libra loves to surround itself with it. With a Libra 2nd House placement, you may find yourself drawn to spending money on things that you find beautiful or harmonious. Beauty calms Libra and you may get a sense of well-being from buying things that look good or feel good, even if they aren’t practical.
- Calm about money: The goal for Libra is inner-peace so the natural and healthy state of Libra is serenity. In the 2nd house, Libra may bring with it an easy-going feeling when it comes to their finances. As long as you feel your finances are making yourself and your loved ones content, you may not have the urge to fuss too much about the details.
- Equity is important: Libra prefers balance. This may shine through in the 2nd house with a desire for fairness when it comes to how you make or spend money. You may be able to spot financial inequality more than others and this may be a cause that you are willing to work to remedy, and may even be willing to give up some of your earnings if it means making it fairer for someone else. Also, if you feel as though you are the one missing out financially, this won’t be something you could reconcile in your mind.
Libra 2nd House Weaknesses
- Buys love: Because relationships are so important to Libra, when placed in the 2nd House this may lead to relying too much on using your resources to keep loved ones happy. Libra will avoid strife or unpleasantness when at all possible and money or gifts could be used as a substitute for working out the real issues.
- Overspends on luxury: Libra enjoys luxe. In the 2nd house, Libra could influence a love of luxury and the finer things that overpowers the desire to keep a balanced budget. Obviously, this would be problematic for the bank account!
- Indecisive: There is no other sign that wrestles with decisions to the extent that Libra does. This comes from its need to think not just about itself, but also about how its decisions will affect others. With a Libra 2nd House, this could lead to a halt in decision-making when it comes to where to invest money, how to earn it, or what to buy with it. Decisions that feel tough, especially if they could affect a loved one, could be so difficult for Libra that the decision is simply avoided altogether.
- Doesn’t look out for themselves: Libra excels at finding compromises, but when taken too far this could lead to Libra giving more of their share than is fair just to make someone else happy. A Libra 2nd House could influence you to not look out for your own interests enough financially.
- Money connected to relationships: Libra needs others in their lives in order to grow as a person, so relationships are paramount. With a Libra 2nd House, this could lead to an interest in working with your romantic partner to earn money. This can be fantastic and can also bring more complexity and the possibility of problems to the relationship. This isn’t necessarily a challenge, but it would need to be handled with extra care in order to not become one.
What else could influence a Libra 2nd House?
There are many more layers that can be added to how you read your Libra 2nd House, including the position of Libra’s planetary ruler and other planets in the house.
Libra’s Planetary Ruler: Venus
Venus is the ruler of Libra.
With a Libra 2nd House placement, the position of Venus is going to help add more details to how Libra is expressed when it comes to your relationship with your material belongings and the way in which you identify yourself in relation to your money.
Find Venus in your birth chart and see which sign it sits in. Characteristics of this sign will add more complexity to the way you express your 2nd House.
For instance, if Venus is in Cancer, this may magnify your desire to make your loved ones happy through your resources. You may find yourself even more interested in feathering your nest or buying things that add comfort at home for your family.
Venus in Aries? This may temper some of your need for cooperation with your resources and you may be more ambitious to earn. You also may struggle with feelings that who you are as a person, your self-worth is only as good as how much you are able to earn or how many things you can buy.
Planets in the 2nd House
Planets that sit in the 2nd house will also add motivation and flavor to this house and will affect how you express it.
With Mercury in your 2nd house, for instance, you may have the desire to learn as much as you can about personal finance. There is also a chance that you will love to talk about money or the things you can buy with it.
Saturn in your 2nd house? This may tone down your need for luxury, making you more prudent and conservative about how you spend your earnings. You may find that earning or keeping your money may be challenging. This is something that you can definitely be successful with, but for you, it may seem like it will always take work and diligence, not just good luck.
These are just a few general depictions from a wide range of ways that Libra can be expressed in your 2nd House, so keep that in mind as you read this and any descriptions like it.
But, with a Libra 2nd House placement, this will be infused into how much you connect your self-esteem to your finances and belongings and your relationship with your possessions and money.