With spiritual Pisces in the 2nd House of your birth chart, you may have a complicated relationship with your finances. You may try to avoid money altogether, see it as something you can use to grow spiritually, or even feel as though it is something a higher power will simply provide for you.
With a Pisces 2nd House in your birth chart, how could this shape you and what benefits and pitfalls could it bring?
- Pisces in your 2nd House could bring financial generosity.
- But, this combination could also bring disorganization in finance.
- Neptune, Jupiter, and other 2nd House planets should be considered.
Table of Contents
- 1 What does it mean if Pisces is in my 2nd House?
- 2 Pisces 2nd House Strengths
- 3 Aquarius 2nd House Weaknesses
- 4 What else could influence an Aquarius 2nd House?
What does it mean if Pisces is in my 2nd House?
The Zodiac Sign of Pisces
Pisces is a sign that is longing for spiritual growth.
This sign of the Zodiac has backchannels with the collective consciousness, or with the Universe if you will.
It is more sensitive to energies than any other sign of the Zodiac and catches glimpses of different levels of consciousness throughout its life, whether on purpose or by accident.
Pisces has deep emotions and is intuitive and imaginative. This sign understands that it is connected to everyone and everything else, making it incredibly compassionate and also sensitive to the energies of other people.
Some of Pisces’ personality traits:
- Laid back
But, since we are focused on a Pisces 2nd House in this article, we need to think of Pisces in the context of the 2nd House.
The 2nd House in Astrology
The 2nd House doesn’t describe your personality or ego, how others would describe you or how you would describe yourself. It is considered the House of Money.
But this name, The House of Money is too simplistic to describe everything this house covers, however.
Sure, the 2nd House includes information about how you will feel about your money matters and what you could expect in your financial life, but it also provides clues as to how valuable or worthy a person feels inside.
Second House Meaning:
- Making money
- Financial security
- Self Esteem
- Spending habits
Pisces 2nd House Meaning
Pisces in your 2nd House may influence you to see money in a different light than others, and it could also affect the values you choose to measure your sense of worth by.
With a Pisces 2nd House, you may struggle or wrestle with your self-worth and be unsure about what to pin it to. Pisces is a very fluid sign when it comes to identity, and in your 2nd House this may shine through in your self-esteem.
Money may not be something that concerns you too much with a Pisces 2nd House. You may be able to keep financial matters in perspective easily.
For Pisces, spirituality is key, so you may also have a sense of optimism when it comes to your money matters and feel as though you will be taken care of or provided for somehow, even if you aren’t sure how. It is faith.
But, with a 2nd House Pisces, you may have fantastic instincts, which may even feel a bit like intuition, when it comes to financial matters.
There is also the potential for being very generous with what you do have. Pisces’ unlimited empathy may come out in the form of charitable giving.
With a Pisces 2nd House you may have a more spiritual feeling about your belongings and place value not on luxury, but on possessions that inspire you or make you feel closer to the higher power.
Pisces 2nd House Strengths
- Generous: Pisces is an incredibly giving sign. In your 2nd House, Pisces may inspire you to see money and possessions in a more communal way, feeling as though if you have something someone else needs, there is no reason that you shouldn’t give it to them or share it.
- Intuitive: There is no sign that is more tuned into the frequency of the Universe than Pisces. With a Pisces 2nd House, you may make financial decisions based on gut feelings. You may just “know” that something is a good investment or not, even if you can’t really explain why.
- Not preoccupied with wealth: Pisces’ spiritual tendencies in your 2nd House may materialize as an ability to keep money and belongings in perspective. You may see your finances as something that isn’t that important because economics is simply a human construct. This could mean that you aren’t as stressed about your bank account as much as others.
- Has faith: Pisces is not cynical. Its experiences with higher levels of consciousness have shown it that there is more to life than what we can pick up with only our 5 senses. There is greater meaning. A Pisces 2nd House placement may influence you to have faith when it comes to your financial future. You may not worry about what your finances will look like in 5 years because you may figure that it will all work itself out.
- Forgiving: Because of its sense of oneness with all things, Pisces comes with endless compassion and empathy. In the 2nd House, this may look like easily forgiving someone who loses or breaks your things, gives you bad financial advice, or even steals from you.
Aquarius 2nd House Weaknesses
- Struggles with organizing: In your 2nd House, this misty and shifting nature of Pisces could be expressed as struggling to keep all of the details of your finances together. Organizing the moving parts of your financial records or investments could be a challenge. This could also be the case with your belongings.
- Can be taken advantage of: Because of Pisces’ great compassion, there is the potential for it to trust too much and not see someone’s bad intentions. With a Pisces 2nd House, this could look like being too trusting when it comes to investing or giving money to someone with a sad, but untrue, sob story.
- Struggles with self-worth: We can’t forget that the 2nd House also covers the territory of a person’s sense of worth. In the 2nd House, Pisces may not fall into the trap of linking their self-worth to the size of their bank account, as some other signs may. But, it may be a struggle to figure out how to perceive your self-worth at all, being confused as to what to tie it to. It is hard to feel valuable when you aren’t sure what currency to use.
- Avoids finances: Because a Pisces 2nd House may not place a lot of importance on money, taken too far this could lead to a complete disregard for it. Financial matters could just be avoided altogether. While it is good to not stress about every dollar coming in or out, ignoring important money matters can also lead to big problems.
- Infusing emotions into money matters: As a water element sign, Pisces runs on emotions. It leads with its feelings. A Pisces 2nd House placement may bring too much emotion into their finances or belongings. It may be hard to make sound decisions with money if there are too many emotions to sort through first.
What else could influence an Aquarius 2nd House?
Much more detail can be added to the reading of your Pisces 2nd House, and one way to gain more insight is to consider the placement of Aquarius’ planetary rulers and other planets inhabiting the house.
Pisces’ Planetary Rulers: Neptune and Jupiter
Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces.
With Pisces in your 2nd House, the sign and condition of Neptune are going to enhance or add to how Pisces shines through in your 2nd House.
Find Neptune in your birth chart and the sign it is inhabiting. This sign’s traits will meld with Pisces to be expressed through the matters of your 2nd House.
For example, if Neptune is in Aries, this may moderate some of your passive tendencies toward wealth and it may encourage you to be a little more ambitious when it comes to making money. You may feel a bit more protective of your things.
Neptune in Virgo? This may bolster your work ethic a bit and offer a bit more determination in the money department. You also might be a bit more organized with your financial records.
In a similar fashion, the position of Pisces’ traditional ruler, Jupiter, will add an additional layer of complexity to how you experience your 2nd House as well.
Planets in the 2nd House
Planets sitting in your 2nd House will also affect how you experience your finances, personal property, and sense of self-worth.
If Saturn resides in your 2nd House, for example, earning and keeping money may prove to be a bit of a challenge for you. However, you also may feel a greater desire to work for it and save what you make.
Pluto in your 2nd House? Your faith in your financial future and the feeling that you will be taken care of may not be as strong. You may have more fear of financial problems in the future and feel the need to save to protect yourself from them.
These are all very general ways that Pisces can assert itself in your 2nd House. Understand that there are so many factors involved in properly decoding and interpreting your birth chart than articles such as this can provide.
However, the fact that Pisces is on your 2nd House cusp will in some ways affect the way you approach your finances, and property, and how you find value in yourself.