If you were born with a Scorpio 1st House, you may be emotionally deep and able to see through people when they’re hiding something. Others may see you as compassionate, intense, and uncompromising. You may see the world as a place where knowing the real and raw truth is always best, no matter how unpleasant it may be.
Keep reading to uncover the special gifts and potential obstacles that could come along with a Scorpio 1st House in your natal chart!
- Scorpio in the 1st House can bring an honest view of the world that is never “sugar-coated”.
- Others may see you as reflective, curious, and even a bit taboo.
- The position of Pluto and Mars, plus any planets in your 1st House, should also be examined.
Table of Contents
- Qualities of Scorpio in the 1st House
- Scorpio 1st House Strengths
- Scorpio 1st House Weaknesses
- What else could influence a Scorpio 1st House?
Qualities of Scorpio in the 1st House
Your Scorpio 1st House is an important spot in your chart because the 1st House is also known as the Ascendant, describing how others perceive you and how you see the world.
And, with your 1st landing in this sign, that also makes Scorpio your rising sign.
With a Scorpio 1st House, you may be known for being intense, mysterious, and passionate.
You may have a deep and complex inner world not easily understood by others.
Others may see you as someone with strong emotions, so when you love, you love deeply. However, when you are upset or angry, this also rings true.
Like a detective, you may have a natural talent for sensing the hidden truth others are trying to hide.
Before you go further, we created a 1st House reflection worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up below!
Scorpio values honesty, so in your 1st House, uncovering the facts and reality, no matter how ugly or unpleasant it may be, could be something that you are drawn to.
You may prefer to see the distasteful sides of the people in your life than the fake but pretty “wrapping” they use to hide them.
Despite this, you may be fiercely loyal and dedicated to those you care about, and willing to go to great lengths to protect those you love.
Scorpio 1st House Strengths
1. Passion & Intensity – Scorpio feels in a big way. In your 1st House, others may see you as someone who cares a lot about what you’re doing or who you’re with. No one may ever accuse you of being emotionally detached.
2. Perceptive – The sign of the scorpion has a nose for sniffing out the truth. With a Scorpio 1st House, you may be able to pick up on subtleties others can’t, allowing you to see more of the real story.
3. Compassionate – Watery Scorpio has strong emotions. In your 1st House, it may shape you to be incredibly caring for others and very nurturing.
4. Loyal – When Scorpio has found its people, it is intense when it comes to keeping them. Your friends and family may know that you will always be there for them no matter what, even when others have turned their backs on them.
5. Real – Scorpio is only interested in the truth, even if it isn’t pretty. This sign isn’t going to change and mold itself to “fit in” with those they are around. With a Scorpio 1st House, you may be “what you see is what you get.”
Scorpio 1st House Weaknesses
- Controlling – Power is something that Scorpio is drawn to. In relationships, this has the potential to morph into a desire to control and dictate.
- Jealous – Because Scorpio is so loyal to its true friends and loved ones, it may be hard for the sign to see them enjoying time with others and not them. Scorpio may struggle with the big emotions that jealousy stirs up for them.
- Suspicious – Always being able to sense that there is more to the story than what they are being told can be a good thing, but it can also lead to constant feelings of suspicion, which can be unpleasant for everyone involved.
- Moody – Having a huge well of emotions to draw from is a beautiful thing, but it can also be hard sometimes. For Scorpio, consistently feeling the lowest lows can be particularly difficult.
- Dark – Scorpio doesn’t get scared away by ugly, unpleasant, or even taboo topics. This, combined with the potential for getting stuck in the gloom, can draw Scorpio toward an obsession with the darker parts of life.
What else could influence a Scorpio 1st House?
There is a lot more to reading your Scorpio 1st House than what we can explain in this article, and other variables will affect how you experience this placement.
Some planets, for instance, can have a significant effect.
Scorpio’s Planetary Rulers: Mars and Pluto
Mars and Pluto, the ruling planets of Scorpio, have an effect on how you portray yourself to others and approach life.
Discover where Mars and Pluto are located in your chart to gain more insight into how your may express your Scorpio 1st House.
The qualities of the signs and houses of Mars and Pluto will blend with your 1st House’s attributes, giving it greater depth.
For instance, if Pluto sits in Libra, this may quell some of Scorpio’s desire to discuss taboo or dark topics, shaping it to be a bit more concerned with being “pleasant.” But, it could also heighten Scorpio’s desire for relationships, as well.
Planets in your 1st House
How you experience this house will be influenced by the planets that are located within it.
Planets found there will blend with the other traits of your 1st House.
For instance, if Neptune is found in your 1st House, this could bring even more spiritual depth to an already deep Scorpio 1st House.
It’s crucial to remember that these are only generalizations about how Scorpio in your 1st House can affect you.
Your complete chart, as well as crucial Sun and Moon positions, will have a big impact on your personal development, as well.
Remember to grab your 1st House reflection worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up below!
Other articles you may enjoy:
Libra 1st House
Sagittarius 1st House
What does Scorpio in the First House mean?
If you have a Scorpio First House, you might be a very deep person and good at figuring out when others are hiding something. People might think of you as caring, intense, and unwilling to compromise what you think is right. You might see the world as a place where it’s important to always know the truth, even if it’s not always pleasant.
What does the 1st House mean in astrology?
The First House in astrology, known as the Ascendant, represents how people perceive you and your perspective on life. It shows how you come across to others and the first impression you give.