With steady Taurus in the 3rd House of your natal chart, you may be calm and predictable when it comes to how you communicate. Keeping the peace in interactions may be important to you, but you may tell people what they want to hear in an attempt to avoid conflict.
If you find peaceful Taurus in the 3rd House of your natal chart, what strengths and weaknesses could come along with it? Keep reading to learn more!
- Taurus in your 3rd House could shape calmness in communication.
- This placement could bring a stubborn streak.
- Venus’ position and other planets in your 3rd should be considered.
Table of Contents
- What does it mean if Taurus is in my 3rd House?
- Taurus 3rd House Strengths
- Taurus 3rd House Weaknesses
- What else could influence a Taurus 3rd House?
What does it mean if Taurus is in my 3rd House?
There are many points and placements in your natal chart that build the foundation for your experience in life. A Taurus 3rd House is just one in many, but still influential.
So in what ways can the sign of the full in your astrological 3rd House shape you?
Before you go further, we created a 3rd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
The Zodiac Sign of Taurus
Taurus is a sign that wants to find stability and tranquility in the world.
It is steady, patient, reliable, and practical and it likes to hang on to what is familiar and comfortable.
This Zodiac sign is definitely on the cautious side and is slow to react, preferring to think things through first. And, once the sign of the bull has decided on something, it sticks with it, digging its heels in if necessary.
Taurus prefers to keep things simple and finds no reason to overcomplicate things.
Some of Taurus’ personality traits:
- Friendly and thoughtful
- Down to earth
- Appreciation of art and beauty
For this article, however, we need to remember to keep Taurus within the context of the 3rd House.
The 3rd House in Astrology
One name for the 3rd House is the House of Communication.
There is more to it, however.
While the 3rd House describes how you speak and write, it also shapes how you listen. This can be described as the “filter” that incoming communications pass through.
The phrase “you hear what you want to hear” is pure 3rd House.
The way you think and gather information is also in 3rd House territory.
Aside from communication and thinking, how you experience some parts of the world that feel familiar is covered in this house, as well.
This includes your siblings or close cousins, neighbors, and even traveling about within your neighborhood.
Third House Meaning:
- Siblings and cousins
- Short-distance travel
Taurus 3rd House Meaning
With Taurus on your 3rd House cusp, the sign of the bull shapes the way you view communication in such a way that part of your sense of inner peace is dependent upon your interactions with others.
Taurus may influence you to want to think something all the way through before you say it out loud.
This isn’t a sign that usually just blurts out anything on its mind or that acts impulsively.
In conversation, you may be very thoughtful about fully listening to the other person and then consider their words and ideas completely before responding.
You may also give people the benefit of the doubt when listening to them, staying calm and not jumping to conclusions that someone is trying to offend you.
With siblings and other very close, life-long peer relationships, like cousins or neighbors, you may be great about keeping things calm and harmonious.
These may be relationships where there is not a lot of rivalry or competition.
Taurus 3rd House Strengths
- Wise speaker: With a Taurus 3rd House, you may think things through very well before saying them out, choosing each word carefully. This may mean that you come off as a wise presence to others who may seek out your simple wisdom when they need advice.
- Patient listener: Taurus is not an interrupter and in your 3rd House this may make you a great person to have a conversation with because you may not be butting in to speak before the other person has even finished. You may not be easily distracted and find your mind wandering. Others may feel as though you fully listen to them which can be a powerful tool that makes them feel validated.
- Calming presence: If the goal of Taurus could be boiled down to one thing it may be seeking peace. With a Taurus 3rd House, this may mean that you don’t use your words for aggression or to get a rise out of others. Debate may not be something that interests you as you may be more interested in using your words to bring more harmony to a situation or to another person.
- Keeps in contact: Taurus loves what is familiar. With Taurus in your 3rd, you may be someone who likes to stay in contact with your close circle, including your siblings or other people you have known since before you can remember. You may be the glue that keeps friend groups together, making sure to communicate and not fall off with people.
- Relaxed short-distance traveler: The 3rd House covers the territory of traveling around in your region, travel that doesn’t feel foreign or feels like it pushes you out of your comfort zone. You may love relaxing long weekends where you aren’t out looking for adventure and adrenaline highs. Lounging on a beach, enjoying a picnic, or getting a massage at a spa may be much more your style with comfort-loving Taurus in your 3rd House.
Taurus 3rd House Weaknesses
- Slower in conversation: There are many times when being a deliberate speaker is a great skill, but sometimes we must be ready to think quickly on our feet and Taurus struggles with that a bit. Also, it may be tough for others who are more high-strung or impatient to stick around long enough for a conversation with Taurus in the 3rd.
- Stays in the comfort zone: Familiarity is comforting, but it can also keep us from growing. With a Taurus 3rd House, there may be a desire to stick with topics of conversation that are familiar. This translates to visiting new places in the area as well, with a preference to stick with the tried-and-true old spots.
- Avoids conflict: Because Taurus loves tranquility so much, there may be a habit of saying what people want to hear just to avoid any conflict. Taurus in the 3rd can be a people-pleaser. There are times when issues need to be discussed and addressed and Taurus may struggle with this, preferring the calm waters of harmonious conversation.
- Stubborn in conversation: It may be challenging to hear other points of view with a Taurus 3rd House. For the most part, this won’t result in getting angry, but rather just avoiding the conversation or changing the subject to talk about topics it is more comfortable with.
- Can surprise with anger: Even though it doesn’t happen quickly, Taurus can be pushed too far. When that happens anger may seem to come out of nowhere. Taurus can hold on to its internal harmony well, but when finally pushed past that limit, Taurus has the potential to rage in a way that may take others by surprise, and in the 3rd House, this could happen in conversation or interactions with siblings.
What else could influence a Taurus 3rd House?
In reality, your Taurus 3rd House is much more complex than what was described above, of course. There will be many other factors that help shape how you experience this house, including planets.
Taurus’ Planetary Ruler: Venus
Venus rules Taurus.
With a Taurus 3rd House, where Venus is found in your chart is going to help to shape how Taurus is expressed when it comes to how you communicate and your relationship with siblings.
Locate Venus in your natal chart and see which sign it sits in. The characteristics and motivations of this sign will add another layer of complexity to how you experience your 3rd House.
For example, if Venus is in Aries, Taurus’ patience may not be quite as enduring. Aries could lessen Taurus’ love for familiarity and also could influence it to be a bit more impulsive or aggressive in its speech.
Planets in the 3rd House
Planets that sit in your 3rd House will also add much influence to this mix as well.
For example, with Uranus in the 3rd House, there may be more of a tendency to speak about unique interests or the style of communication may be original or eccentric. Uranus may also lessen Taurus’ desire to always please others in communication and make it more comfortable with debate.
Remember that these are very broad generalizations of a Taurus 3rd House and that both life and astrology are much more complex than what this article can cover.
However, this article can give you an idea of how Taurus in your 3rd House could affect how you communicate with others and the dynamics of your relationship with your siblings.
Don’t forget to grab your 3rd House worksheet, emailed to you FREE when you sign up!
Other articles you may enjoy:
Aries 3rd House
Gemini 3rd House